Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blog & Tweet

I’ll make this short and sweet. I’m no expert on blogging or tweeting, but I have had some success in building a following in a short period of time. Many of my Twitter pals have asked about how I did it. I sat down a couple of months ago and wrote a few notes about that and then it sat on my computer…

Last weekend, I revisited those notes and thought, “Hmmm, I think this might be a handbook.” And sure enough, it was.

So, I sat down and wrote out what I’ve been doing. I’m absolutely sure the result is only my way of doing it and that there are many others, but I’m also sure there are some pretty good ideas in the resulting booklet “Blog & Tweet – How to Make a Splash Online.”

If you know anyone who is struggling to get their follower numbers up there, you might suggest it to them. I’m really hoping this will level the playing field for newbies and others who could use a few tips.

Thanks.

8 comments:

  1. looks like a good deal - going to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Red, I have so much to read as it is!!! Just kidding. Of course I'll get to it ASAP. :) I love the whole blogging/tweeting experience. So far, anyway. As much as I'd love 10,000 + followers, I'm okay with the slow procession that are coming my way. I only have 137, and that's a chore in itself to keep up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have over 1,000 and getting more each day, but I will check out your book.

    Follow me at twitter @davepperlmutter

    Also follow my blog at

    http://thewrongplaceatthewrongtime.blogspot.com/

    Best,

    Dave P Perlmutter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, you're inspiring me--or making me feel guilty! Seems about the same right now. I have a Twitter series and a marketing series I need to convert into eBook form and start selling but they sit, instead, as links on my blog. Well, at least I made pages out of them! Once I get my first book (of fiction) out, I'll dive into the non-fiction, too.

    -sry
    Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer
    @webbiegrrl
    Your faithful silver-used-to-be-brown-haired Red in Attitude follower (GGG)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this comment and I really understand. I just published it because it was sitting in my mind scratching at my brain. I'm already finding I have more to say - so I suspect there will be a volume two. I struggle with which project to work on constantly. Good luck to you on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided the way to choose the "most-important project" to work on is to determine which one (A) will make money (or the most money, the fastest) and (B) will be ready for market with the least effort. Yeah, that's probably a copout, but I've been online promo'ing myself for almost a year -- with 3 books in progress (1 as my SciFi pen name, only 2 as myself) and nothing for sale.

      It's ridiculous to keep trying to sound valid when I talk about selling books if I don't have any books selling. Plus, I'm broke :( I need the money (haha)

      -sry
      Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer
      @webbiegrrl
      http://webbiegrrl.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing. As a newbie, I need some help in this area. Can't wait to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no intention of buying anything...but I couldn't resist. Your blog makes me happy!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete