Monday, October 1, 2012

Two Ways to Help Out Wounded Warriors



This is the beginning of my second annual Wounded Warriors Fund Drive. Last year, I kept it going throughout the month of September and kicked it off with a blog post you might want to revisit – Honoring Wounded Warriors.  

If you read that original post you’ll know that I started supporting The Wounded Warriors Project because I wanted to also honor my father. Dad passed away this year, of the terrible disease I described in that first post – COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease).  A couple of months before he died, I reminded him that as long as I was selling books, there would always be contributions made in his honor to the Wounded Warriors.  He smiled, reached for my hand and simply gave it a squeeze. 

I regularly donate to the organization by sending them 10% of my royalties.  In fact, I had neglected to send them my second quarter donation because life was a little out of control in July, when I would have normally sent it. Not to worry, I just wrote them a check.

However, I plan to donate all my royalties for a dedicated period once a year. Today begins the 2012 fundraiser and it will continue through Sunday, 10/14.

What does this mean for you? It means that for any of my books you purchase during these two weeks, the royalties will go to The Wounded Warriors Project upon receipt from Amazon.  If you’ve been meaning to buy Red Mojo Mama or maybe its sequel Red is an Attitude, do it now, because a little more than $2.00 will go to benefit my father’s  (and many of my Twitter followers’) favorite charity – The Wounded Warriors Project. The donation amount varies with the price of the book you order. Any of my books can be ordered by clicking on the appropriate picture at the right. It will take you straight through to the Amazon link.

ADDITIONALLY THIS YEAR!

I recently became an Avon representative, primarily because my daughter-in-law called to tell me that there was an online fundraising option now. GREAT! I signed up the next day.  I just set up an online sales event that will benefit The Wounded Warriors Project, with 25% of the sales going to the organization. The event lasts through year-end, so feel free to order more than once.

Here’s the link:
Kathy Hall Wounded Warrior Event  BE SURE to insert the promotional code MYWWPROJECT.

Thank you for your order and your help and again please BE SURE to insert the promotional code MYWWPROJECT, otherwise the funds may not be designated for this group.

Last year, I was able to send Wounded Warriors slightly more than $60. Let’s hope this year nets much, much more.Are you with me, gang! I know you are!

I'll keep you posted!

12 comments:

  1. This is great, Kathy. I also donate book proceeds to TWWP.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that now! Thanks Ryan for doing that and for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful! Thank you, Kathy, and I'll do what I can to support this great cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks as always, my friend. I always know you're in my corner.

      Delete
  3. I did and I'm glad I did. You're doing a great job, and I appreciate your letting me tag along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad died of COPD last November. He was a WWII Iwo Jima vet.
    So great of you to support WW. I teach community college in a military town and have quite a few vets and wounded vets as students. Thanks for remembering them-- so few people do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Melanie - I'm very sorry for your loss. What a horrible disease. Honestly, it is all because of my dad that I even know about the organization. He started supporting them about five years ago. It's the very least I can do.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful idea! I'll help and promote on my social media too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny - I really appreciate that! Getting the word out is the toughest part.

      Delete
  6. I am really proud of the efforts you make for others. Kathy! This is a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm on the right track the Dannie. Thank you.

      Delete