Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Valentine for Wounded Warriors

The last time I did a drive for Wounded Warriors quite honestly it was more about my father than the organization. (See Honoring Wounded Warriors) I’ve realized a lot since then and now, although I still send my donations in my father’s name, it’s as much about the men and women who serve their country – our country – and pay a terrible price.

The latest book I’ve written, The Great Twitter Adventure or How 5 Tweeps Saved the World, is about people who’ve met on Twitter sticking together to come to the aid of one of their own. That’s what’s at its core. Giving away the proceeds from this book seems a perfect fit.

So, from today through Valentine’s Day, every purchase at $.99 will turn into $.35 for Wounded Warriors. Now, that isn’t much – one book at a time – but for every 100 books that’s $35.00. I recently did a free book promotion for Red Mojo Mama that resulted in over 2,000 downloads. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if 2,000 people got this new book for $.99 and the Wounded Warriors Project got $700!?

So, I know it’s a crazy goal – but you’ve got to dream big, right? Please consider purchasing this novella, having fun and helping in a small way. If you’d pass the word, that would be even better.

Click here if you’d like to contribute directly - The Wounded Warrior Project - a wonderful organization.

Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Buying it right now and sharing this with all my USAF moms. Thanks, Kathy, you are an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration, Ms. Hall. I adore your heart; no wonder why your writing is so damn good. I added your page to stumbleupon! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracias! Love Stumpleupon! You are a great friend.

    ReplyDelete