Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Bloody Mary versus Gin & Tonic



An actual Mary I consumed on Pub Street in Siem Reap!

Red and I have been sipping Bloody Marys on our verandas for as long as she’s been in existence (2011 by publication date) and I feel like a bit of a traitor here but I’ve just discovered the Gin & Tonic.

It’s a bit ironic to me that at the ripe old age of 63 I’ve just stumbled on such a popular drink that’s been around forever – well a long time anyway. Especially having been a cocktail waitress for a few years back in my youth. 

It happened poolside when I was hanging out with some new traveler pals and one of them ordered the tall cool drink and I caught a whiff of the gin. Ooooo baby, it smelled good!

So, of course, I ordered one and really, really loved it. 

There’s the downside of a gin and tonic, however. Unlike the Bloody Mary, I got a bit tipsy right away and discovered my limit is definitely one. With Marys I never feel any kind of inebriation – just a tiny bit relaxed. It must be all that tomato juice.

So, it’s a toss-up for me. Red’s a bit of a diehard on things like this so she’ll probably stick with the Marys. I will most likely alternate. 

Yes! That’s the only fair thing to do.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment